SparrowHawk Publishing Sewing Pattern number Y006
Pattern condition: Uncut, factory folded and complete with instructions.
~ Item for sale is a sewing pattern, not finished moccasins ~
** Please note: This pattern is available in 3 size groups: Small = 5-6-7, Medium = 8-9-10 and Large = 11-12-13. Use the measurements below to select the appropriate size group when making your purchase.
Very easy to make. Pattern includes the pieces to make old style, knee high leggings.
These are a traditional style, gathered from historical and museum photos and exhibits. They were worn across a wide area, from the North Central Plains, notably the Blackfoot people, into the South East. Research shows them to be very little changed from ancient shoes in Siberia and Mongolia. The originals would seem to be the first example of shoes with a separate, sewn in, sole. Commonly called a "turn shoe".
Moccasin Style Possibilities:
* Style A - 8" tall with a one-piece body, inset - welted sole. The cuff can be worn tightly around the ankle and wrapped with thongs or folded down.
* Style B - The cuff is cut taller than the pattern piece and using the natural edge of the leather.
* Style C - The leather cuff can be replaced with canvas or bright, printed, wool. A pattern piece for fabric is included.
Originally designed for protection, they are favored for the decorative use.
* Style A - A drawstring under the knee and the top cuffed over (shown). The drawstring can be worn above the knee or there can be two drawstrings, one of each at the same time.
* Style B - Tie strings run up the sides, thru both layers of leather, and tied.
* Style C - Still with the top drawstring but with the strings cut extremely long (or several separate strings) so they can be wrapped in rings around the leg, binding the entire unit close to your leg. Very comfortable, even over jeans or boots for a style statement!
Sizes and foot measurements:
Size 5 - 9 1/8"
Size 6 - 9 1/2"
Size 7 - 9 3/4"
Size 8 - 10 1/8"
Size 9 - 10 3/8"
Size 10 - 10 3/4"
Size 11 - 11 1/8"
Size 12 - 11 3/8"
Size 13 - 11 3/4"
I accept payments through the site's direct checkout and PayPal.
Packages are shipped through USPS within one business day of receiving your cleared payment.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
If there are any problems with your purchase, please let me know within 3 days of receiving your item and I will do my best to resolve the issue.
Returned sewing patterns must be in original uncut and factory folded condition. Jalie and other patterns sealed in plastic or sealed envelopes must be UNOPENED. Please include a copy of your receipt and cardboard backing to prevent damage in the mail.
Returns must be made within 7 days for a refund. Sorry, but I can not refund original or return postage.
To International buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
I do not ship to Russia.